Essay about English 955

Online Assignment for Week 3

1st, read the designated essays through your Mercury Visitor:

" Examining the River” by Samuel Clemens a. k. a. Mark Twain, pp. 281-282 " Writing” by Bill Stafford, pp. 194-196

Then, response the following inquiries:

In his article " Examining the Riv, ” Draw Twain had a point. What was his stage? This point would be the theme or perhaps the thesis with the essay. Ask this problem: What would Twain want me, his reader, to find out, think, truly feel, believe, or perhaps understand? I do think the point to the story is usually how we observe things by our eye and feelings. Mark Twain was observing the river and to him he was a like studying the water like studying a book.

In writing, explain a subject of your choice from the same two points of view Twain used: amateur and professional. Begin by seeing a familiar placing, person, or perhaps object, but with fresh eyes—describe what you observe, hear, smell, taste, contact or truly feel, paying attention to those things you have—because of the familiarity—begun to take without any consideration. Write about what you think this kind of phenomenon may say about everyday perception? When you notice something or somebody then you will recognize things get never notice regarding it or these people before. I was observing my own son today and I finally realized that you will discover somethings that have changed about the man that I haven’t notice ahead of. Pick two words coming from each composition that captured your attention for some reason. The thing that was the reason that you just noticed these people? How did the words effects the overall that means conveyed by the essay? Twain—Word #1: acquisition-an asset or perhaps object bought, typically with a library or perhaps museum.

Twain—Word #2: opal-a variously shaded semiprecious selection of silica.

Stafford—Word #1: nibble- take a small bite

Stafford—Word #2: realm-a community or perhaps territory that a sovereign rules; a kingdom

In his essay, " Writing, ” Stafford produces about " trusting elegance, or fortune, or—skill” (196). Write quickly about sophistication, or good fortune,...